Road Condition

Drifting, drifting as it comes down.  The brilliant glow of white is shown.  Slowly, slowly it comes closer to me.  I watch it as it meets its end in front of me.  It slams into the smooth glass.  It slowly melts until it is gone.  Here we sit, not moving at all able to watch the gentle snow flow.


Why can we not press forward down the path?  We need to get there, where joy and warmth waits.  All that I am able to see it snow and the back of the one in front of me.  The red lights go dim and I see movement so slightly.

All of a sudden a bright light can be seen.  On the road it comes burning up from the road.  It dances back and forth with a fierce devilish glow.  The gentle snow does not have a chance to hide. 

As we move forward another light can be seen, but this one is closer to my lane.  My tires are afraid of the fierce bite of the glow.  Again and again the lights come sooner, ever pushing us.  Finally the last light has come and gone, but now we are no longer on the path we set forth on.

©2013 Brady Burgener

Comments