Little Penguin (5)

*Continued*

Tim arrived at the small town after it was dark.  Most of the buildings' lights were out and it was hard to see anything in the road ways.  As he was going through the town he came to a house with its lights on.

Tim went up to the front door and knocked.  He waited in hopes that the owners would hearken to the knocks and let him in for the night.  He could hear someone moving inside the house.  The door opened slowly and before Tim was an old mouse.

"What do you want?" asked the old mouse.

"I was wondering if you could help me.  My flock has left me and I am trying to catch up.  I was wondering if you had seen them and if I could stay here tonight?" said Tim.

"What is your name, little penguin?"

"I am Tim.  What is your name?"

"I am Rupert," replied the old mouse.  Rupert twisted as he considered the little penguin's story.  "How about you come in and tell me your story and we will determine what to do from there."

Tim entered the house and followed Rupert to the front sitting room.  Rupert took a seat and told Tim, "Take a seat." Tim sat down in the nearest seat.  "Now tell me your story and how you got here."

Tim told Rupert about waking up alone and following the tracks of his flock.  He also told about how he was almost eaten by a killer whale.  During the story Rupert did not say one word and only listened.  It was almost as if Tim was telling his story to a stone figure.  Once Tim was done telling his adventure, Rupert leaned forward and acted as if he was thinking about what had happened and if it could be true.

*To Be Continued*

©2014 Brady Burgener

Comments